So you are someone who is looking to apply for Chulalongkorn’s University’s brand new CU-MEDi postgraduate medicine program, but not sure where to start? Read on to find out about the admissions requirements!
- Academic qualification documents.
- For applicants studying in their final year of university, you must upload a letter issued by your school confirming that you are expected to complete your undergraduate program this academic year and a transcript.
- For applicants who have already completed their undergraduate degrees, you will have to upload your undergraduate degree transcript.
- English Proficiency Test Results (valid for 2 years from test date)
- These can be either a TOEFL (Internet-based Test) with a score of at least 85 or the IELTS (Academic) with at least a score of 7.0 overall
*This can be waived for either a) applicants who are nationals of Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the United States AND has earned their bachelors degree in those countries.
- MCAT Score reports with the verification code (valid for 2 years from test date)
- Please note that this is the most important piece of the application you will send in! Chulalongkorn University will rank the candidates and only allow the top scorers to pass on to the interview round.
- A Statement of Purpose
- This will have to very clearly show why you are choosing the CU-MEDi program. Your Statement of Purpose must be typed in English with a maximum of 2 pages, written in Times New Roman at size 12, single spacing.
- A CV showing your education history, work experience, and participation in any academic or research, social contribution or personal achievements in the last 5 years.
- Your CV must be in English, with a maximum of 5 pages using Times New Roman, size 12 and single spacing.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- One must come from your academic supervisor, a co-worker or the head of your current company. The other can be a trusted person of your choice who will write about you in a positive light. These letters of recommendation must be sent directly to admissions via email.
Other required documents includes:
- Digital photo of the applicant with a background of either white, blue or light blue only. The image must be taken within 6 months before submission. The size of the image must measure to 4 x 5 cm or 1.5 x 2 inches.
- National ID or passport photo page for non-Thai nationals.
- If you have had a legal change in your either first or last name, proof of documents must be uploaded.
So there you have it, if you have any other questions about the admission process or would like guidance on the process, you can schedule a meeting with our counselors to determine what to do next. Contact us via Line: @EduSmithGradMBA or Facebook Page to start your stress-free medical school journey now!